- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare – Comprehensive Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Tech & Cyber Security Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Vice President, Public Affairs
Posted September 18, 2020
New York City
SKDK, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a vice president to join its public affairs team in New York City. Successful candidates are fluent in media relations, strategic communications and bring an entrepreneurial spirit to their teams and clients who are working on some of the most pressing issues of the day. We seek dynamic individuals who can adeptly lead, are self-starters, quick-studies, and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environments.
- Previous experience working in-house at a public relations or public affairs agency, political or government office or an adjacent organization that requires client management.
- A proven track record of developing media strategies, securing coverage in a wide range of national print and broadcast outlets.
- Excellent writing skills and experience crafting a variety of communications materials, including op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements, PowerPoints, memos as well as other communication documents.
- Experience and comfort leading teams, managing multiple clients and handling multiple competing deadlines.
- Unrivaled communication and organizational skills that you will leverage to lead a dynamic and talented team, cultivate a collaborative atmosphere, and move the organization forward.
- A clear understanding of social media, creative content and paid strategies to accompany communications campaigns.
- Strong research and writing skills, and a firm knowledge of AP Style.
Candidates should have seven to ten years of relevant experience in writing, strategic communications and media intensive positions. Candidates with New York City media experience are preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: JobsNY@skdkjobs.com