Vice President, Political
Posted November 22, 2019
SKDKnickerbocker, a leading Democratic advertising and communications firm, is seeking a vice president to join its political team in Washington, D.C., for the 2020 campaign season. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the strategic planning, creative process and tactical requirements needed to execute an effective paid media campaigns on behalf of Democratic candidates and progressive organizations.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills and experiences:
- 8+ years of communications and/or management experience on political campaigns, with progressive political organizations or at advertising firms.
- Experience leading, managing, and crafting paid media campaigns and content for political campaigns or progressive organizations.
- Exceptional writing skills are a must.
- A proven ability to analyze quantitative/qualitative research and develop strategy and messaging based on it.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and meeting tight deadlines in tandem.
- A willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary (campaign hours).
- A team player who works well with a diverse team.
The position is based at the firm’s Washington, D.C., office, but travel for film shoots and planning sessions should be anticipated.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: email@example.com.