- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare – Comprehensive Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Tech & Cyber Security Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Vice President Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
Posted September 29, 2020
Working closely with SKDK’s Partners and the Diversity Equity Inclusion Council, the Vice President, Diversity, Equity and Inclusion will play a key role in ensuring its diversity goals are successfully implemented and in line with the firm’s objectives. We are committed to reaching higher and setting bigger goals and believe this is both a moral imperative and an opportunity to better our work on behalf of our employees and clients. We are increasingly focused on building our capacity at the senior levels, while understanding the impact of external trends and best practices on how to improve diversity and inclusion.
This position reports to the Chief Operating Officer and would have regular interaction with the CEO and firm’s Partners.
- Creating and leading execution of company-wide programs to support diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Ensuring an inclusive recruiting, screening, hiring, onboarding and employee experience.
- Ensuring employees have a comfortable and supportive place to work and learn, regardless of their race, gender, age, ethnicity, socioeconomic status, sexual orientation, or disability.
- Leading the DEI Council and senior leadership to develop firm-wide policies, best practices and metrics for success.
- Working with Partners, Human Resources and Senior Leadership to develop innovative ideas to attract and retain the highest quality, diverse talent.
- Creating processes for rewarding success and instituting greater accountability among Senior Leadership to meet our firm-wide goals.
- Assisting Employee Resource Groups in their efforts to be supportive spaces for its members.
- Communicating frequently with Partners, Multicultural Communications and Engagement Practice to understand the unique needs of the firm.
- Identifying, creating and executing firm-wide or targeted activities for employees that help meet DEI goals.
- Providing subject matter expertise to Multicultural Communications and Engagement Practice as they advise public affairs clients on DEI matters.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Have 5-7 years of DEI, compliance or related experience.
- Have strong experience developing and incorporating inclusion initiatives, such as organization-wide diversity training and multicultural events.
- Have a familiarity with legal matters related to diversity, equity and inclusion, specifically federal guidelines as well as at the state level.
- Have strong communication skills and compassionate nature.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.