Vice President for Diversity, Equity and Inclusion and Strategic Initiatives
Posted July 22, 2020
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a Vice President to develop and execute company-wide DEI strategies and work with SKDK’s DEI experts to advise clients and teams on best practices in this area.
SKDK is proud of our diverse workforce, our service to clients in the multicultural communications space and our efforts to create a culture of inclusion. We are focused on significantly increasing our skills and capacity in all of these areas, especially at the management level. We believe that SKDK already distinguishes ourselves from other firms in this area and our desire to reach higher and set bigger goals is both a moral imperative and an opportunity to better our work on behalf of clients. This position reports to SKDK’s Chief Operating Officer but would have weekly, scheduled one-on-one meetings with the CEO and regular interaction with the firm’s Partners to discuss the firm’s progress on reaching our stated goals.
Responsibilities Include, But Are Not Limited To:
- Create and implement programs that reinforce a truly inclusive workplace where all employees feel free to express opinions, make mistakes, get the help they need to succeed and grow and prosper within the firm. Lead the DEI Council and senior leadership to develop firm-wide policies and best practices.
- Collaborate with the DEI Council and partners to set goals for future action including establishing metrics to assess and measure results of DE&I initiatives.
- Work with partners and senior leadership to recommend innovative ideas and creative solutions to attract and retain the highest quality, diverse talent.
- Create processes for rewarding success and instituting greater accountability among senior staff to meet our firm-wide goals.
- Assist the ERGs be supportive spaces for its members.
- Identify and execute firm-wide or targeted activities, beyond training, for employee personal and professional development to complement our DEI goals.
- Provide subject matter expertise for SKDK’s Multicultural Communications and Engagement Practice as they advise public affairs clients with DEI issues.
Candidates should have 5-7 years of relevant and applicable experience.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.