- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare – Comprehensive Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Tech & Cyber Security Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Senior Vice President, Healthcare
Posted September 29, 2020
SKDK is looking for a Senior Vice President to join its Healthcare team, preferably based in the firm’s flagship Washington, DC office. Successful candidates are fluent in strategic communications and work well in team dynamics to support a broad array of healthcare clients with some of the most pressing issues of the day. We seek dynamic individuals who are self-starters, quick-studies, and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environments. This individual will lead teams and develop strategies for the firm’s corporate and non-profit clients, including their Healthcare Practice. This is an exciting career opportunity for a communications professional with a passion for healthcare-related public affairs and media strategy. The ability to develop new agency business/clients is not a requirement for the SVP level, however, the firm may consider hiring this individual as a Managing Director if she/he already has a demonstrated track record for developing and growing new business in the healthcare space.
Experience & QUALIFICATIONS
Candidates should have a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience in healthcare communications, including writing, research and media intensive positions. Ideal candidates will have experience at a healthcare or pharmaceutical company; a communications firm where they specialized in healthcare or pharmaceutical related portfolios; or in a communications role at a state or federal agency or office that addresses healthcare issues. Additionally, appropriate candidates will have:
- Previous experience working on campaigns, in government, at a corporation or public relations agency.
- Experience working on healthcare communications; crafting and delivering persuasive messaging, simplifying complex healthcare policy.
- Experience in client relationship management role.
- A track record of building media strategies and placing a wide range of national print and broadcast stories in addition to drafting op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements as well as other communication documents.
- Experience managing a talented and dynamic team while cultivating a collaborative atmosphere.
- Excellent writing skills and experience crafting a variety of communications materials.
- Strong strategic instincts and ability to develop and lead a team to execute against communications and strategic plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines in tandem.
- Strong research capabilities including leveraging social listening tools and other platforms.
EDUCATION and credentials
The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in a relevant field.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is their policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: DCPAjobs@skdkjobs.com.