Senior Political Writer
Posted December 5, 2019
SKDKnickerbocker, a leading Democratic advertising and communications firm, is seeking a Senior Political Writer to join its political team in Washington, DC, for the 2020 campaign season. The person in this position will be responsible for writing TV/digital scripts, speeches and other documents on behalf of Democratic candidates and progressive causes, and working with the firm’s senior principals, creative director, producers and editors throughout the creative/production process.
• Exceptional writing skills and the proven ability to write creatively, succinctly and on tight deadlines.
• 5+ years of political writing experience on behalf of Democratic candidates, elected officials or progressive organizations. Experience writing TV/digital ads is a definite plus, but experienced speechwriters and communications operatives with exceptional writing skills are also encouraged to apply.
• A proven ability to develop messaging based on qualitative/quantitative data.
• Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
• Proven ability to manage multiple projects in tandem.
• A willingness to work long hours and weekends when necessary (campaign hours).
• A team player who works well with a diverse team.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume, cover letter, salary requirements and several writing samples to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.