- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Tech & Cyber Security Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Senior Creative Strategist
Posted April 7, 2021
SKDK, a Democratic-aligned advertising and public affairs firm, is seeking a Senior Creative Strategist to oversee the firm’s creative team and all creative products produced by SKDK. This person will manage a team of copywriters, editors, designers and producers to ensure that the firm’s creative work products (TV ads, digital ads, radio ads, long form videos) are best in class and work closely with the firm’s senior team to ensure strategic objectives are being met.
This is a full-time position, based at the firm’s DC Office when it re-opens (though remote work is fine during Covid period). Specific job requirements include:
- Work with the firm’s senior team to translate strategy into best-in-class creative work products.
- Manage the creative process – from concept to completion – for production of all political, advocacy, non-profit and corporate advertising campaigns. This includes television, digital and radio advertisements and longer form videos for clients.
- Supervise and guide the firm’s writers, editors, graphic designers, and producers; implementing and overseeing a process that maximizes their talents to generate the best work-product for our clients. Review work, troubleshoot problems and provide edits and feedback to team members.
- Contribute heavily to the creative process by developing concepts, writing scripts, directing shoots and overseeing edits.
- The position will report to the Head of SKDK’s advertising department and work with the firm’s senior team on pitches and other business development opportunities.
The ideal candidate will have the following work experiences and attributes:
- The ability to think strategically, creatively and outside the box.
- 5+ years of experience creating video content (from concept to completion) and inspiring creative work from other. Experience editing video and directing film shoots is a major plus.
- Experience in Democratic politics or in support of progressive causes.
- A strong familiarity with each step of the production process; knowledge of a variety of film equipment and editing software.
- Awareness and understanding of industry trends.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects at the same time, all on tight timelines and budgets.
- Proven ability to manage diverse teams
SKDK is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDK is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: email@example.com.