- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Tech & Cyber Security Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Senior Associate, Public Affairs
Posted February 5, 2021
SKDK, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a senior associate to join its public affairs team in Albany, New York. Successful candidates are fluent in media relations, strategic communications and bring an entrepreneurial spirit to their teams and clients who are working on some of the most pressing issues of the day. We seek dynamic individuals who are self-starters, quick-studies, and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environments.
- Previous experience working in-house at a public relations agency, political or government office or an adjacent organization that requires client management.
- A track record of building media strategies and securing coverage in local and national print and broadcast outlets.
- Excellent writing skills and experience crafting a variety of communications materials, including op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements, PowerPoints, memos as well as other communication documents.
- Strong strategic instincts and ability to develop and execute against communications and strategic plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines in tandem.
- Strong research capabilities including leveraging social listening tools and other platforms.
Candidates should have three to five years of relevant experience in writing, strategic communications and media intensive positions. Candidates with New York City media experience are preferred.
SKDK is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDK is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: JobsNY@skdkjobs.com.