Posted February 14, 2020
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a receptionist/office assistant to join its operations team in our Washington, DC office. The receptionist will serve as the first point of contact for all arrivals and will be responsible for meeting, greeting and assisting guests, vendors and clients. Qualified applicants will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, proficiency with MS Office, and strong organizational/calendar management skills. Seeking a quick-study with the ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. Ideal candidates will be outgoing, energetic, professional and must use discretion at all times.
Key Job Responsibilities:
- Must operate a high volume, multi-line phone.
- Maintain conference room calendars and manage scheduling.
- Organize catering and set up.
- Manage mail distribution, packages and courier pick-ups.
- Create intern admin schedules for kitchen and office cleanings.
- Assistance with event planning – staff outings, holiday parties and company retreat.
- Draft/edit correspondence, maintain databases and provide light administrative support as needed.
Candidates must possess an undergraduate degree and have previous receptionist experience. Candidates with a strong academic record preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: email@example.com.