- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Tech & Cyber Security Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Director, Equity & Inclusion
Posted March 11, 2021
Working closely with the Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer, the Director, Equity and Inclusion will play an essential role in ensuring SKDK’s diversity, equity and inclusion goals are met and initiatives are successfully implemented. SKDK is comprised of a diverse team of talented public affairs professionals committed to building an equitable and inclusive environment where everyone belongs. The firm is reaching higher and setting bigger goals and believe this is both a moral imperative and an opportunity to better our work on behalf of our employees and clients.
This position reports to the Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer.
- Supporting Chief Equity and Inclusion Officer with development and implementation of corporate diversity, equity and inclusion strategies, including recruitment, retention, performance management, leadership development, training and employee engagement.
- Researching, developing and executing creative strategies to foster the firm’s DEI growth.
- Ensuring an inclusive recruiting, screening, hiring, onboarding and employee experience.
- Assisting Employee Resource Groups in their efforts to be supportive spaces for its members.
- Maintaining knowledge of diversity-related issues, metrics for success, legislation and best practices.
- Organizing regular trainings to support employees’ communication around diversity, equity and inclusion.
- Representing the firm at various career events (e.g., job fairs).
- Regularly communicating diversity, equity and inclusion initiatives, events and progress to the firm’s employees.
- Identifying, building, and sustaining external partnerships to support DEI initiatives and business strategies.
We’re looking for candidates who:
- Minimum 5-7 years of prior experience and/or related compliance experience.
- Proven, progressive experience and demonstrated effectiveness leading diversity and inclusion related initiatives and programs, particularly within large organizations.
- Familiarity with diversity-related policies and legislation.
- Have strong, operational, communication, interpersonal and presentation skills, with the ability to manage multiple projects.
SKDK is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDK is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: email@example.com.