- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Cryptocurrency Practice
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Cyber Security Practice
- Technology Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Deputy Chief Operating Officer
Posted July 13, 2021
SKDK, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is seeking a Deputy Chief Operating Officer to join its team based in its Washington, DC office. Reporting to the COO, the Deputy COO provides leadership, management and strategic vision to the formation and implementation of operation processes. This position will oversee the day-to-day aspects of SKDK’s operations including IT & cybersecurity, contracts and internal communications and work with the entire SKDK team to establish an effective organizational culture. This person must be forward-thinking, detailed-oriented, diplomatic, and adaptable.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Assists in implementing strategies for operational management and development in order to meet organizational plans and goals within budgets and timelines.
- Ensure that all business functions have adequate resources and tools to support the needs of the firm.
- Manages contracting process including drafting and reviewing contracts.
- Liaise with IT consultants to ensure efficient IT operations, cybersecurity, data protection, and management.
- Develop internal documents and communications including staff newsletters, departmental reports, and presentations.
- Create and present trainings for staff on processes and structures.
- Manages implementation of internship program.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Self-motivation, the ability to work independently, as well as a strong commitment to teamwork.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes, and to work well under pressure.
- Proactively fosters an inclusive atmosphere and commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
Candidates should have over five years of relevant operations/administrative experience.
SKDK is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter titled “Deputy COO” to us: email@example.com.