Business Marketing Contractor
Posted June 17, 2020
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a short-term contractor to participate in the firm’s efforts to market our national public affairs’ practice. This person is responsible for supporting the firm’s senior leaders by developing proposals and participating in new business calls. We look for people who want to be part of the most pressing issues of the day and have the desire to work in a fast-paced, politically-engaged environment. This is a great opportunity for a leader who is a natural networker, a good writer, and has prior public affairs agency experience.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- Support the firm’s business development process for public affairs projects.
- Write proposals and case studies.
- Organize the new business RFI/RFP process, with input from team members.
- Facilitate brainstorm sessions and manage creative design and deliverables.
- Experience putting together proposals and compelling presentations that articulate a strategic vision.
- Excellent writing and research skills, including fluency in AP Style.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to handle competing deadlines.
- A strong knowledge of public affairs and political communications tactics – including earned, paid and digital media strategies.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes, and to work well under pressure.
- Excellent written, verbal, project management and presentation skills.
This is a part-time, three-month contract position.
Candidates should have seven to 10 years of relevant experience in agencies, writing and strategic communications.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.