- Our Services
- Crisis Communications
- Digital Influence
- Executive Communications
- Foundations & Philanthropy
- Healthcare Communications
- Litigation, Regulation, Investigation
- Multicultural Communications
- Political Consulting
- Strategic Communications
- Tech & Cyber Security Practice
- Women’s Practice
- Our Work
- Our People
- In the News
- Contact Us
Associate, Public Affairs
Posted April 29, 2021
SKDK, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for an associate to join its public affairs team in our Washington D.C. office. Associates work on a wide range of fast-paced corporate, association, non-profit and issue advocacy clients. Ideal candidates are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams.
- Experience placing national print and broadcast stories, and drafting press releases, media advisories, and other communications documents.
- Previous experience working on political campaigns, media, or similar organizations.
- A basic understanding of social media strategies for communications campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong research and writing skills, and thorough knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes and to work well under pressure and deadlines.
Candidates should have one to three years of relevant experience in writing, research and media-intensive positions. Candidates with robust media relations experience, including working with multicultural media, are preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: DCPAjobs@skdkjobs.com.