Vice President: Public Affairs
Posted September 4, 2019
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2019 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a vice president to join its public affairs team in our Washington D.C. office. We look for people fluent in corporate communications who want to be part of the most pressing issues of the day and have the desire to work in a fast-paced, politically-charged environment. This position will focus on SKDK’s corporate clients, leading teams and developing strategies. Ideal candidates are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams.
- Previous experience working in-house at a corporation, public relations agency or an adjacent organization that requires client management.
- A track record of building media strategies and placing a wide range of national print and broadcast stories in addition to drafting op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements as well as other communication documents.
- Experience leading a talented and dynamic team while cultivating a collaborative atmosphere.
- Excellent writing skills and experience crafting a variety of communications materials, including PowerPoint.
- Strong strategic instincts and ability to develop and execute against communications and strategic plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines in tandem.
- Strong research capabilities including leveraging social listening tools and other platforms.
Candidates should have seven years of relevant experience in writing, research and media intensive positions. Bilingual candidates with Spanish fluency are preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.