Senior Associate or Director
Posted April 4, 2019
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2018 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a senior associate or director to join its public affairs team in Los Angeles, CA. Successful candidates are fluent in strategic communications and work well in team dynamics to support clients with some of the most pressing issues of the day. We seek dynamic individuals who are self-starters, quick-studies, and have the ability to multi-task in fast-paced environments.
- Previous experience working in-house at a corporate, public relations agency, political or government office or an adjacent organization that requires client management.
- A track record of building media strategies and placing a wide range of national print and broadcast stories in addition to drafting op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements as well as other communication documents.
- Excellent writing skills and experience crafting a variety of communications materials, including PowerPoint.
- Strong strategic instincts and ability to develop and execute against communications and strategic plans.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and deadlines in tandem.
- Strong research capabilities including leveraging social listening tools and other platforms.
Senior Associate candidates should have three to five years and Director candidates should have five to seven years of relevant experience in writing, strategic communications and media intensive positions. Bilingual candidates with Spanish fluency are preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: jobsLA@skdknick.com.