Media Relations Specialist, Public Affairs
Posted June 1, 2018
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2018 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a media relations specialist to join its public affairs team in our Washington D.C., office. This mid-level strategist will work on a wide range of fast-paced corporate, association, non-profit and issue advocacy clients. Ideal candidates are driven self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams. Requirements include:
- Experience placing national print and broadcast stories, and drafting press releases, media advisories, and other communications documents.
- Previous experience working on political campaigns, media or similar organizations.
- A basic understanding of social media strategies for communications campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong research and writing skills and a thorough knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes and to work well under pressure and deadlines.
Candidates should have a minimum of three years of relevant experience in writing, research and media relations intensive positions. Candidates with robust media relations experience are preferred. This employer is an equal opportunity employer with a strong dedication to diversity. If you want to join our team, send your resume to us: email@example.com