Director, Public Affairs
Posted August 2, 2018
New York City
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2018 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a Director to join its public affairs team in New York City. We look for people fluent in corporate communications who want to be part of the most pressing issues of the day and have the desire to work in a fast-paced, politically-charged environment. This position will focus on SKDK’s corporate clients, leading teams and developing strategies. Ideal candidates are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams.
- Previous experience working in-house at a corporation, public affairs firm, advocacy group, and/or journalism.
- Experience managing multiple clients and the ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- A track record building media strategies and placing a wide range of national print and broadcast stories in addition to drafting op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements as well as other communication documents.
- Experience leading a talented and dynamic team while cultivating a collaborative atmosphere.
- A clear understanding of social media strategies for communications campaigns.
- Strong research and writing skills, and a strong knowledge of AP Style.
Candidates should have five to seven years of relevant experience in writing, strategic communications, and media intensive positions. Candidates with New York City media experience are preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you want to join our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: jobsNY@skdknick.com