Director, Public Affairs
Posted August 29, 2018
SKDKnickerbocker, the Holmes Report 2018 Public Affairs Agency of the Year, is looking for a director to join its public affairs team in our Washington D.C. office. We look for people fluent in corporate communications who want to be part of the most pressing issues of the day and have the desire to work in a fast-paced, politically-charged environment. Directors work on a wide range of fast-paced corporate, association, non-profit and issue advocacy clients. Ideal candidates are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams. Requirements include:
- A track record of building media strategies and placing a wide range of national print and broadcast stories in addition to drafting op-eds, press releases, media advisories, Q&A, talking points, statements as well as other communication documents.
- Experience leading a talented and dynamic team while cultivating a collaborative atmosphere.
- Previous experience working on political campaigns, government, media or a similar organization.
- A clear understanding of social media strategies for communications campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Strong research and writing skills, and thorough knowledge of AP Style.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to handle competing deadlines.
- Ability to adapt and respond quickly to changing landscapes and to work well under pressure and deadlines.
Candidates should have five years of relevant experience in writing, research and media intensive positions. Candidates with Spanish fluency are preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: firstname.lastname@example.org.