Digital and Social Media Internship
Posted December 11, 2017
New York City
SKDKnickerbocker, a leading political and strategic communication firm, is hiring a full-time, paid Digital and Social Media Intern in the New York City office. Candidates should have a strong understanding of the political and public affairs space as well as the latest digital/social communications tools. Recent college graduates are preferred. Duties include:
- Working with SKDK digital team to assess clients’ digital/social needs and opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Writing and editing digital/social media copy that demonstrates correct tone, subject-matter expertise, best practices and AP Style.
- Creating detailed social media competitive analysis memos.
- Ability to publish social/digital media content, as well as track, monitor and analyze for effectiveness.
- Making recommendations on goals, benchmarks and platform use for clients.
- Coordinating with designers and paid digital vendors to execute campaigns.
- Making recommendations to grow and engage on existing social communities (Snapchat, Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram, Reddit, LinkedIn, Pinterest, Google+, Vine, etc.) as well as emerging platforms.
- Creating social media shareable graphics.
- Meticulous attention to detail in writing and editing.
- Creative under short deadlines.
- Strong eye for visual presentation from via social posts, presentations and memos.
- Strong research skills to aid influencer outreach offering.
- Basic knowledge of Adobe Photoshop.
- Ability to manage many different projects at once, from assignment to delivery.
- General familiarity with social media and online analytics tools/platforms.
- General familiarity with paid digital advertising.
- General familiarity with emerging platforms and trends.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.