Senior Associate, Public Affairs
Posted May 2, 2018
New York City
SKDKnickerbocker is looking for a senior associate to join its public affairs team in our New York City office. Senior associates work on a range of fast-paced corporate, association, non-profit and issue advocacy clients.
Ideal candidates are driven, self-starters with the ability to grasp complex subject matter quickly and work well within teams.
- Experience placing national print and broadcast stories, and drafting press releases, media advisories, and other communications documents.
- Previous experience working on political campaigns, media, or similar organization.
- An understanding of social media strategies for communications campaigns.
- Excellent organizational skills and meticulous attention to detail.
- Experience managing multiple projects and the ability to handle multiple deadlines.
- Strong research and writing skills, and a strong knowledge of AP Style.
Candidates should have three to five years of relevant experience in writing, research and media intensive positions. Candidates with digital or social campaign management experience are preferred.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply. If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter indicating how you learned about this position to: jobsNY@skdknick.com.