Posted February 6, 2018
SKDKnickerbocker is looking for a junior editor to join our team in our Washington, D.C., office. Job duties include building stringouts and handling edit revisions; editing reels and other small projects in Premiere and AE; troubleshooting the in-house media training facility; assisting in the development and maintenance of ingest/delivery workflows; screening footage for selects; and proofing client-facing work for delivery.
The ideal candidate is a detail orientated, highly organized self-starter who has a minimum of two to three years of relevant professional experience.
- Must be familiar with Adobe Creative Suite (Premiere, InDesign. After Effects and Avid a plus)
- Must be familiar with or willing to learn DSLR cameras for video and photo shoots along with AV technical skills for media training facility
- Ability to learn quickly and be proactive in obtaining production and post-production skills
- Familiar with video editing and codecs, including preparing files for delivery and QC.
- Collaborate with freelance editors and motion designers under tight deadlines.
- Meticulous attention to detail and extremely organized
- Works well under pressure, with competing deadlines and priorities, with a positive can-do attitude
- Ability to anticipate needs before they arise.
SKDKnickerbocker is committed to diversity among its staff, and recognizes that its continued success requires the highest commitment to obtaining and retaining a diverse staff that provides the best quality services to its clients. SKDKnickerbocker is an equal opportunity employer and it is our policy to recruit, hire, train, promote and administer any and all personnel actions without regard to race, color, sex, religion, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital or familial status, creed, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, ancestry, genetic information, military service, veteran’s status or any other protected category under local, state, or federal law. We encourage diverse applicants to apply.
If you are interested in joining our team, send your resume and cover letter to us: ProductionJobs@skdknick.com